The Asia-Pacific College of Diplomacy (APCD) delivers a range of Executive Education short courses in two formats:
- scheduled courses, and
- tailored courses.
Our courses provide professional development training to enhance the skills, knowledge and understanding of practitioners and policymakers in the field of Diplomacy.
The Asia-Pacific College of Diplomacy (APCD) delivers a range of tailored short courses designed for the specific needs of the client organisation. Our clients include international and domestic government departments, multilateral organisations, international businesses or non-government organisations.
Specifically, courses are designed to achieve the following aims:
- To provide relevant conceptual frameworks so that practitioners can better understand their operating environment.
- To identify the historical and contemporary context in which particular diplomatic processes and strategies can be assessed.
- To consider alternative approaches to emerging issues in our globalised world. Through the practical application of diplomatic knowledge and research, we seek to advance the study and practice of diplomacy, and address important humanitarian and political issues.
Who can gain from our tailored courses?
Our tailored courses are for decision-makers who want to improve their global contextual understanding, or diplomatic practitioners who recognise the increasing complexity of their roles.
Our clients include a range of international and domestic clients including government departments, multilateral organisations, international businesses or non-government organisations.
Learning with the best
APCD delivers and facilitates the short courses. We bring together leading researchers and practitioners in specific diplomatic fields to provide academic knowledge combined with hands-on skills and exercises.
We are able to design courses according to the specific needs of government, non-government organisations, multilateral bodies or international corporations. These can range from one-day to one-week courses or longer. They may be delivered in a variety of venues, including client premises.
Some of the possible tailored one-day courses could include:
- Religion & diplomacy
- Rebuilding disrupted states
- Introduction to the UN system
- Politics of Asia-Pacific institutions
- Practical approaches to human security
- Conflict management within states
- Conflict management & negotiating tactics
Please contact our staff, who can advise you about possible topics and appropriate presenters, and can tailor a suitable course for your organisation.
We also offer Executive Education courses to individual participants from government and non-government organisations. Details of the scheduled courses available this year are provided on our Scheduled course calendar tab.
Mr Craig Hanks
firstname.lastname@example.org +61 2 6125 7983