The Asia-Pacific College of Diplomacy (APCD) delivers a range of specialised short courses designed for international and domestic government departments, multilateral organisations, international businesses or non-government organisations.
Specifically, courses are designed to achieve the following aims:
- To provide relevant conceptual frameworks so that practitioners can better understand their operating environment.
- To identify the historical and contemporary context in which particular diplomatic processes and strategies can be assessed.
- To consider alternative approaches to emerging issues in our globalised world. Through the practical application of diplomatic knowledge and research, we seek to advance the study and practice of diplomacy, and address important humanitarian and political issues.
Who can gain from the courses?
Our courses are for decision-makers who want to improve their global contextual understanding, or diplomatic practitioners who recognise the increasing complexity of their roles.
Our clients include a range of international and domestic clients including government departments, multilateral organisations, international businesses or non-government organisations.
A limited number of short courses are offered to the general public. Details of these courses are made available on our events page as they are announced.
Learning with the best
The College delivers and facilitates the short courses. We bring together leading researchers and practitioners in specific diplomatic fields to provide academic knowledge combined with hands-on skills and exercises.
We are able to design customised courses according to the specific needs of government, non-government organisations, multilateral bodies or international corporations. These can range from one-day to one-week courses or longer. They may be delivered in a variety of venues, including client premises.
Some of the possible customised one-day courses include:
- Religion & diplomacy
- Rebuilding disrupted states
- Introduction to the UN system
- Politics of Asia-Pacific institutions
- Practical approaches to human security
- Conflict management within states
- Conflict management & negotiating tactics
Details of these courses are made available on our events page as they are announced.
Please contact our staff, who can advise you about possible topics and appropriate presenters.